Custom Search
Didn't find what you were looking for? Our custom google search will target family related sites.

Sunday, December 23

Carnival of SAHMs - December 23, 2007

Welcome to the December 23, 2007 edition of Carnival of SAHMs. Sorry the posting is so late, but at least I am getting it in on the right day! Life has been CRAZY here with the addition of our 6 year old nephew to the kid crew. I was telling my brother-in-law that I had to go post a blog carnival and he said, "I don't even know what a blog is...I'm thinking it's some sort of high heel shoe with goldfish in it, but I'm not sure." Do you know people that react the same way when you talk about blogging?! Well, on with the carnival...there is a lot of good reading here for you this week.


Did you ever wonder if you are the only mom that lives a crazy life? Well wonder no more! Dana presents And the toilet saga continues posted at Principled Discovery.

Okay, I must live under a rock. I had no idea there was even a product called the Keeper. Whether you know what it is or not, you can find out from one who's been there and done that. Stephanie presents The Keeper - A Three Month Review posted at Stop the Ride!.

Tea Party Girl presents Why I Said ‘No’ So I Could Say ‘Yes’ posted at Tea Party Girl, saying, "Blessed December to every SaHM! I hope this article helps you choose little ways you too can be nurtured this season." I thought this was a refreshing point of view considering I have a little girl turning 3 next month and she doesn't take tumbling, dance, karate, swim lessons, piano, gymboree, etc., etc.

Lauren Franklin presents Once upon a time... posted at Finding my mommy voice. Come read about the start of Lauren's journey as a mom.

Need a good laugh? Here you go! Jenny Rapson presents Dirty Phonics on the Bathroom Wall posted at Mommin' It Up!.

Lisa Clauson presents How to Teach Children to Say Thank You posted at Lil Duck Duck. Thanks, Lisa, for some creative ideas for thank you's. Very timely with Christmas this week!

Spillay presents Christmas is coming! posted at A Pot of Gold. A nice read to help remember why, as moms, we run around like crazy this time of year.

Dolfin presents Book Review - Hanukkah posted at Lionden Landing, saying, "Holiday wrapup - A book review of Hanukkah" This is a nice post comparing several books on Hanukkah. Dolfin has done the footwork so you don't have to.

WhatWorksForMom presents Scrooged posted at What Works For Us. Ai-carumba! This is one of those stories that makes you question what you would do in the same situation.

This is a REAL quick tidbit. Wenchypoo presents Food Absurdity of the Millenium posted at Wisdom From Wenchypoo's Mental Wastebasket, saying, "Some entertainment for you--food to AVOID. This product is perfect for the inept cook who can't boil water without burning it. I found this buried in my health food store's online catalog."

Here's a little glimpse into a the life of a SAHM from New Jersey. Jenny presents My Little Guitar Hero posted at the so called me.

Alison presents Preschool For a Fraction of the Cost posted at This Wasn't in The Plan.
Cool! That was my reaction to this idea. It's on my list of things to look into.

Last but not least, here is an experienced mom sharing her wisdom on sleep training. We did something similar with our first, but unfortunately, waaaay too late in the game after far too long without sleep. Fussy Fussypants presents How to get your baby to sleep through the night posted at Mrs. Fussypants Guide to Life, saying, "Hope y'all enjoy!"

I too, hope you all enjoyed this edition of the SAHM carnival. A very merry Christmas and may you find the perfect gift in your children's smiles on Christmas morning.

That concludes this edition. Submit your blog article to the next edition of carnival of sahms using our carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.

Technorati tags: , .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for putting up my post in the carnival. I look forward to reading all the other wonderful posts you have up there. Merry Christmas!

spillay
http://spillay.wordpress.com

Stephanie Appleton said...

Luckily many of my friends and family also blog, but it is funny when you find someone who doesn't. They just don't get it!

Thanks for a wonderful carnival!

Anonymous said...

Great carnival! Thanks for hosting it. :) If you ever want to host again just let me know!