Custom Search
Didn't find what you were looking for? Our custom google search will target family related sites.

Monday, December 3

Shrill Shopping

An old man was grocery shopping with his grandson. The toddler was crying and at times screaming at the top of his lungs. As the old gentleman walked up and down the aisles, people could hear him speaking in a soft voice..."We are almost done, Albert....try not to cry, Albert....life will get better, Albert...." As he approached the checkout stand, he carefully brushed the toddler's tears from his eyes and said again, "Do not cry, Albert... we will be home soon, Albert..." As he was paying the cashier, the toddler continued to cry as a young woman in line behind him said, "Sir, I think it is wonderful how sweet you are being to your little Albert." The old gentleman blinked his eyes a couple of times before saying, "My grandson's name is John....I'm Albert..."

We have all been there. We must go shopping and the little one(s) must come along. Does anything fill your heart with dread more? I read this little amusing story that came my way via email and thought - story of my life!

I can remember being at WalMart with my two girls this summer. Somehow the two them got started on a screaming frenzy. The younger loves to imitate her older sister. So, there they were, in my shopping cart, one screaming then the other screaming, and grinning like they were the coolest thing since Dora the Explorer. I couldn't get them to stop. What do you do? I mean, I had visions of duct tape over their mouths, but of course THAT would never happen outside of my dreams. I walked through the store, pushing this cacophony along, literally talking out loud..."I don't know these kids, I just found them in the parking lot, I have NO idea who these children are..."

Have you ever been there and done that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bahahahaha . . . that was classic. I remember those days so well!!!

Thanks for participating in the Christmas Edition of the Carnival of Family Life! The Carnival will go live at midnight (Pacific time) on December 24, 2007, at Colloquium!

Happy holidays!